Pages

Monday 26 September 2016

AHEAD Of Edo Polls: Oyegun Explodes, Blasts Tinubu & Oshiomhole

We won't allow scallywags and moneybags to hijack our party.

APC Chairman, Chief John Odigie Oyegun explodes, reacts to Tinubu:

"Governor Oshiomhole is behind the call by Tinubu to remove me as Chairman. He accuses me of not doing enough for his governorship candidate. And I told him I am not happy with his style of politics. I am not in support of imposition because APC started the campaign against godfatherism. I am from Edo state and I am the national chairman of APC, I don't like the way Oshiomhole manipulated Godwin Obaseki to emerge as Governor and Philip Shuaibu as Deputy Governor for the party in this election.

Other party leaders are not happy too. He forced these candidates on the party and we have to manage it well otherwise the party would have evaporated after the Edo primaries.

Governor Oshiomhole took his ill-conceived campaign. against me to Tinubu after the Kogi supreme Court ruling in favour of the governor our party brought out against some Tinubu's candidate. We are in a new democratic order and we won't allow scallywags and moneybags to hijack our party.

I cannot force Oshiomhole's candidate on the party and on the people. Ondo is a different case entirely.".

No comments:

Post a Comment