Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2012

YOUWIN! YOUTH EMPOWEMENT PROGRAMME IS WORKING



No Doubt, the state of UN-EMPLOYMENT in the NATION is ALARMING, but Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN) Empowerment Programme recently Launched by PRES. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN President is such a laudable INITIATIVE that will not only go a long way to EMPOWER thousands of Nigerian Youths, and will also provide JOBS opportunities to thousands of Unemployed Youths thereby reducing Youth involvement in Crime & CURE the rise of INSECURITY.
Thus, This commendable programme YOUWIN deserve all the necessary supports any party can give. The important of this programme cannot be over emphasized.
But THE BIG QUESTION is: Will This YouWin Programme Be Sustainable by Federal Government? YES WE GO WIN!
Read This & WIN...
TRUE LIFE STORY of An Upcoming AGRICULURE Entrepreneur

How I became a Millionaire thru YOUWIN Grant!
If we are serious about being SUCCESSFULl in life then we can acquaint ourselves with the inspirational stories of successful people. By this, we will learn and succeed.
This is the SUCCESS Story of PHILIP AJIBOYE, who was a beneficiary a Federal Government Entrepreneurship Scheme called YOUWIN!.
His words: “As a Youth Corps Member for the year 2011/2012, I served in the North East Part of the Country, precisely Damaturu, Yobe State. I registered for YouWin programme via a friend’s phone.
“I got information about the programme late, that was why I had to use the camera of my friend’s phone instead of scanning machine to capture my identity card and uploaded a dark image which took me days to even resize before it was able to suit the specified size.
“Putting in for the first stage of the competition was straight forward. However, due to the fact that it was less than 24 hours before this stage of the competition would close, mobile network problems and retyping of almost concluded pages of the online entry form for the competition made me to sleep on a bench for two nights, even as the site was congested.
“Since the result of the first stage was not immediate, I even forgot that I applied for the programme. The invitation for the next stage was sent via e-mail, but due to the in ability to have access to Internet facilities and the security challenges of Boko Haram in Damaturu town, I got the invitation just three days to the training in the most competitive city in the country Abuja.
“The organisers stated in the e-mail that there would be no accommodation nor transportation allowance. I needed to pay transportation fares of up to N1,400 within Abuja alone each day for a programme that lasted four days, and almost about N8,000 from the Damaturu to Abuja, exclusive of accommodation bills.
“After the four day training, I had to leave Abuja back to ‘the land of Boko Haram’ where my fellow corps members were already redeploying back to their states.
Also pressure from my parents and the merriment of Christmas was already on; these, I knew, would affect my competing spirit if I travelled home. But because of the enthusiasm for the competition I stayed back. It was a sorry case because it was on the second day after I arrived in Damaturu, that I lost two of my bosses in office and a female Youth corps member to the Boko Haram crises.
My business plan for the YouWin competition was prepared at the refugee camp at the barracks of the Nigeria mobile police in Damaturu. Compiling my write up for the competition needed a lot of information from many professionals comprising a legal practitioner, estate manager, quantity surveyor and an accountant.
However, the biggest challenge was that all the listed professionals could not be easily accessed. The accountant that assessed my financial projection, cash flow, income statements was in Lagos disappointed me because of the national oil subsidy strike in the country early this year.
I needed to make calls and connect to the Internet via my modem, but there were no recharge card dealers to bring credit cards to the zone due to the social unrest in the country and the Boko Haram crisis in the North East. I could not call home for assistance because my parents had insisted that I should come home. Communication became a problem because there was no credit cards to load. I was able to convince a recharge card seller in my street at Ilorin, by paying extra charges of N200 on every N1,500 credit card to be transferred, also the banks were closed because of the security situation in Yobe state at that time. My allowance from NYSC stopped because there was no one to conduct the normal monthly clearance required to effect the payment.
Despite all odds I was able to submit my business plan and I emerged as one of the beneficiaries of the YOUWIN Grant.
The Grant has enabled me to acquire Hectares of Land, Input and Construction of Ponds for FISH Production: Feed Milling, Production, Maize Cultivation for FEED Production.
-@MOAgbajoh

No comments:

Post a Comment