Pages

Friday 8 December 2017

How I was Shot Out of Obasanjo's administration~Atiku explains

- Former Vice President Abubakar Atiku has revealed how he was frozen out of the Obasanjo's administration during the second tenure
- Atiku said Obasanjo's fight with him stemmed from his refusal to support the ex-president's intention to elongate the presidential tenure
- He added that his fight against the bill to elongate the presidential tenure has given Nigerian youths a chance at leadership
Former Vice President Abubakar Atiku has shed light into the
disagreement between him and ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo during the second tenure of their administration.  Atiku revealed that he was frozen out of the administration after he kicked against Obasanjo's wish to elongate the presidential tenure during his second term in office.
Atiku made this revelation while replying to an open letter
written to him by comedian, Francis Agoda, popularly known
as I Go Dye. Atiku in his reply to the comedian, listed his achievement and effort during the Obasanjo tenure.

He however said he couldn't do much because the former president froze him out of the administration during the second term.
He said: "I know many of these have been forgotten because it
was a long time ago, and successive administrations did not follow up on the progress we made. But that is also not to say we were blameless.
"I was largely frozen out in the second term of our tenure, and I
regret that we had that disagreement with my boss. Some say I was disloyal, but I looked at the events in Zimbabwe recently, and it gives me confidence that I did the right thing fighting the attempts to elongate the presidential tenure beyond eight years.
"If I did not win that fight, do you think we would be having a
discussion on young people getting into leadership today?"

Only recently Atiku has sent a
message to President Muhammadu Buhari saying Nigerians will
decide who will be president between them by 2019.
This was in response to President Buhari’s remark that his popularity was waxing stronger.
The president made this statement when he went on a two-day trip to Kano.

No comments:

Post a Comment