Pages

Saturday 23 December 2017

WHY I DID NOT LET ATIKU SUCCEED ME AS PRESIDENT - OBJ

"His propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time, a propensity for poor judgement, his belief and reliance on marabouts, his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety, truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.........'I also stumbled upon a damning report of inquiry carried out on Atiku' - I asked one of my predecessors why he did not inform me of how bad the report was and he said that he thought I knew.  He said 'this was a man I wanted to dismiss and jail but for the intervention of Shagaya and Shehu Yar'Adua.'......And knowing all that I discovered about him, what would have been an unpardonable mistake and sin against God would have been to foist him on Nigeria"

Culled from MY WATCH (2) by Olusegun Obasanjo.

No comments:

Post a Comment